Frantz, McConnell & Seymour, LLP Joins Cyber & Information Security Consortium
Frantz, McConnell & Seymour, LLP has joined and Debra Fulton will be participating in the Cyber & Information Security Consortium (CISC) who mission is to enable their members to effectively operate and protect their enterprises amid the reality of growing and persistent cyber-attacks. CISC was formed by two of the Nation's leading research entities, the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and the University of Tennessee, along with Cisco Systems, CNS, Sword & Shield Enterprise Security, the East Tennessee Economic Council and other private corporations.
CISC’s vision is to:
- Position our state as a nationally recognized center of competency in cybersecurity, building on existing private and government investments.
- Position our members as world-class subject matter experts and innovators in cybersecurity.
- Produce a mature pipeline of talented cybersecurity professionals from a broad and coordinated workforce development strategy employing universities, community colleges, high schools, and private occupational schools.
- Maintain a mature entrepreneurial ecosystem focused on cybersecurity, producing a consistent stream of new commercial products and companies through intellectual property produced by our research institutions.
- Serve as a national model, partner, and mentor for other regions in our nation to enable collaboration between different centers of competency in the cybersecurity effort.