The Knoxville Bar Foundation recognized Mary E. Maddox as an esteemed member of Knoxville's legal community at their 2017 annual dinner.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers®has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation.
Reggie Keaton, President of the Knoxville Bar Foundation welcomed the guests to the unveiling of portraits of four retired Judges on July 12, 2017. Arthur Seymour gave a presentation on the Honorable Wheeler Rosenbalm, a former partner at Frantz McConnell & Seymour LLP. Judge Rosenbalm was elected Judge of the Third Circuit Court of Knox County in 1990.
Twelve FMS attorneys were named by Knoxville’s CityView Magazine as Top Attorneys in 2017 in their respective fields.
Frantz, McConnell & Seymour, LLP has joined and Debra Fulton will be participating in the Cyber & Information Security Consortium (CISC) who mission is to enable their members to effectively operate and protect their enterprises amid the reality of growing and persistent cyber-attacks. CISC was formed by two of the Nation's leading research entities, the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and the University of Tennessee, along with Cisco Systems, CNS, Sword & Shield Enterprise Security, the East Tennessee Economic Council and other private corporations.
CISC’s vision is to:
- Position our state as a nationally recognized center of competency in cybersecurity, building on existing private and government investments.
- Position our members as world-class subject matter experts and innovators in cybersecurity.
- Produce a mature pipeline of talented cybersecurity professionals from a broad and coordinated workforce development strategy employing universities, community colleges, high schools, and private occupational schools.
- Maintain a mature entrepreneurial ecosystem focused on cybersecurity, producing a consistent stream of new commercial products and companies through intellectual property produced by our research institutions.
- Serve as a national model, partner, and mentor for other regions in our nation to enable collaboration between different centers of competency in the cybersecurity effort.