Michael W. Ewell
A native of Dyersburg, Tennessee, Mike headed east after deciding the University of Tennessee was the ideal college for him. He graduated with a B.S. degree in 1985 and a law degree in 1988.
Prior to joining Frantz, McConnell & Seymour, LLP, Mike was privileged to serve as a Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Houston M. Goddard, Tennessee Court of Appeals, Eastern Section during his third year of law school.
Mike concentrates his practice in the areas of creditor and trustee bankruptcy, banking and commercial transactions and litigation and business law, including employer/employee relationship documentation and litigation.
He is admitted to and has appeared before state and federal trial courts throughout East Tennessee, as well as state and federal appellate courts. His numerous other achievements include:
- Being a member of the Knoxville Bar Association, Tennessee Bar Association, American Bankruptcy Institute and the American Health Lawyers Association.
- Previously serving, and being recently re-elected, to serve a second term as a director on the board of the Mid-South Commercial Law Institute (2007-2012; 2015-2020), which organizes and presents annual continuing legal education seminars in Nashville, Tennessee focused on commercial and bankruptcy law.
- Serving in various capacities in the Knoxville Bar Association, including the Board of Governors.
- Being a Fellow in the Knoxville Bar Foundation.
- Being listed in the Best Lawyers® of America in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Corporate Law and Bankruptcy Litigation since 2015.
- Being Named Lawyer of the Year in Corporate Law by the Best Lawyers® of America in 2019.
- Being rated by Martindale-Hubbell as AV Preeminent® in Bankruptcy, Debtor & Creditor and General Practice.
While Mike truly enjoys his work, the community is also very important to him. In the past, he has served as a board member and Chairman of the Board for Sequoyah Hills Early Enrichment Program (S.H.E.E.P.) preschool and is also active in several roles in the church he and his family attend. One of his greatest joys is spending time with his wife and two sons, passing on his love for hunting, fishing and biking to his children.
Having spent more than a quarter of a century representing clients in complicated legal matters, there’s nothing Mike relishes more than giving them the best possible outcome.
- B.S. University of Tennessee, 1985 (with Honors)
- J.D. University of Tennessee, 1988