PRIVATE CLIENT SERVICES
FMS provides a full range of estate planning services to individuals and families and succession planning for small and midsized businesses.
Attorneys practicing in our Private Client Services Group have training and experience in the evaluation and assessment of estate planning needs, including both estate and income tax planning, and planning for the management of estate or business assets during disability.
Estate planning attorneys strive to provide family members with the flexibility necessary to deal with unforeseen family circumstances, including an unexpected death in the family. The estate planning attorneys at FM&S have the necessary knowledge of options available to implement an estate plan, both prior to and following a death in the family, that will provide that flexibility.
For those individuals and businesses in a lawsuit or other legal proceedings involving the control or disposition of estate or business assets, our attorneys also have litigation experience to provide top-notch representation for the protection or preservation of your interests.
What We Do For You
The attorneys in our group provide a full range of estate planning for individuals, families and businesses, which includes the following:
- Wills – With or Without Trust Provisions
- Powers of Attorney – Financial & Healthcare
- Revocable Trusts – Creating & Funding
- Irrevocable Trusts – Insurance Trusts, Charitable Trusts, Asset Protection Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Estate & Income Tax Planning
- Formation of LLC’s & Corporations
- Business Succession Plans
- Operating Agreements for LLC’s
Who We Serve
In addition to planning on the front end, the attorneys in our group provide the following litigation services associated with the protection of you or your loved one’s estate during disability and the administration of wills and trusts following your death:
- Guardianship/Conservatorship Proceedings – Contested & Uncontested
- Probate of Wills – Limited or Small Estates and Full Administration
- Asset Transfers without Probate
- Trust Administration
- State & Federal Tax Compliance (Tax Returns and Other Tax Filings)
- Contested Probate Matters & Will Contests
- Surviving Spouse Claims/Disputes
- Prosecution & Defense of Claims by Executors/ Administrators
Back to all Practice Areas
James E. Wagner
Richard T. Scrugham, Jr.
Kevin A. Dean