Donald D. Howell
Fax: 865-541-4682Send Email
B.S. Indiana University, 1979 (with distinction)
J.D. University of Tennessee, 1982
Currently serving as managing partner at Frantz, McConnell & Seymour, LLP, Donald has been with the firm for 30 years, striving to give kind, supportive counsel to his clients who find him to be an excellent sounding board. His success as a managing partner is due in large part to his ability to work well with every type of personality. Don puts clients at ease and always puts his clients’ interest first.
Donald’s practice focuses on personal injury and government relations, along with general civil litigation, premises liability, products liability, and administrative law.
He is the general counsel for the Knox County Emergency Communications District, the agency that receives 911 calls and dispatches emergency services and law enforcement for the City of Knoxville and Knox County. He also:
- Serves as a hearing officer for the City of Knoxville Civil Service Merit Board, hearing and rendering decisions regarding disputed employee terminations and disciplinary actions.
- Is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association, the Knoxville Bar Association, the Hamilton Burnett American Inns of Court and Defense Research Institute.
- Is a Fellow of the Knoxville Bar Foundation.
- Is a Rule 31 listed general civil mediator.
- Named to Best Lawyers® for Insurance Law and Insurance Litigation since 2015.
- Named to Best Lawyers® for Personal Injury Litigaiton - Defendants and Product Liability Litigation- Defendants since 2016.
Don, who previously practiced for three years after law school in Madison, Ind., is an avid Cincinnati Reds fan who also cheers for Tennessee in football and Indiana in basketball – both his alma maters. He also enjoys spending time with his family and traveling, as well as giving back to his community through his church and dedicating time to the United Way fund drive.